As you may know,
big things are happening to
Texas’ biotechnology industry.
Temple is one the fastest-growing cities in Texas due to the increasing presence of medical companies, hospitals and industry influence in the area. The growth of the life sciences industry has forged legislation by the Texas legislature to create the Temple Health and Bioscience District (THBD), a nonprofit bioscience office and laboratory facility supported by taxpayers and the city. The legislation was created to support the economic development of the life sciences industry in Texas. The goal is to recruit top startups from around the world to grow their companies in our state.
The Temple Health and Bioscience District (THBD) was created as a result of legislation passed by the State of Texas and approved by Temple voters to establish the district in 2003. In 2009, the Temple voters gave THBD taxing authority. The THBD Office and Laboratory Facility provides premier office and lab space for early-stage life science companies that are taking health-related products from conception to manufacturing.
Here to Serve
THBD is funded by the citizens of Temple and is the only district of its kind in Texas.
Our mission is to grow 21st century jobs by fostering bioscience education, research, and healthcare in central Texas.
THBD is the only publicly funded, not-for-profit district in the state of Texas that caters to bioscience, biotech and health-related startup companies.
Take a Virtual Tour
Combining the outstanding office and lab infrastructure with the uniquely equipped 700 sq. ft. Common Laboratory, it is easy to see that Temple is the place to be to grow your start-up biotech company.
We have more than one million dollars of state-of-the-art equipment for your use including an Instron E1000 Linear-Torsion Material Testing System and a Stratasys Objet 350 Connex3TM 3-D Printer. See below for a virtual tour of the lab.
To properly view the virtual tour above and those in the buttons below, please click on the view screen in the virtual tour and drag your mouse or cursor over the image so that you can manipulate the view. On mobile devices, click in the view using your finger, then drag along the image to navigate.
View the full THBD Leasing Brochure here.
The common lab is equipped with:
- -20° Freezer
- BioRad C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler
- BioTek Epoch Plate Reader
- Ice Maker
- lnstron E 10000 Linear-Torsion Material Testing System
- Labconco Flask Scrubber
- Leica LMD7000 Microdissection System
- Mettler Toledo Cuvette Changer (UV5Bio)
- nanoString nCounter NCT-SYST-200 Analysis System
- Rainin Smart Check for Pipette Accuracy
- Sorvall Legend XTR Cell Culture Centrifuge
- Stratasys J750 3D Printer
- Thermo Scientific 1300 Series A2 Bio Safety Hood
- Thermo Scientific Forma 88000 Series minus 80°C Freezer
- Thermo Scientific Multi Blok Heater
- Thermo Scientific Orion Star A211 PH Meter
- Thermo Scientific TruAir Hyperclean Portable Fume Hood
- Thermo Scientific Water Jacketed CO2 Incubator