Here at the Temple Health and Bioscience District (THBD), our mission is to grow twenty-first century jobs by fostering bioscience education, research and healthcare in Central Texas. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the THBD team is shifting the ways we serve so that our community can continue to benefit, but from a safe distance and with precaution.
- THBD Visitors and Tours: Take a virtual tour of the lab! All visitors to THBD must email Tami Annable to make an appointment. If you would like to visit THBD as a tenant, please check in to the Staff and Tenant Check-In portal. If you are a researcher, please check in using the Lab Check-In portal.
- Please reference THBD’s Re-Opening Procedures for a comprehensive overview of protocol.
- Webinar ONLINE ONLY: To limit undue risk of coronavirus exposure, the THBD E-Learning Webinar series will be conducted online only until further notice. If you registered to join us in Temple, please tune in online from the comfort of your home. For any questions, please contact Shannon Wetherbee at 254-316-1992.
THBD wants to let you know how much we appreciate the sacrifices each and everyone of you are making to keep our communities safe. Thank you to all of the tireless medical personnel who are putting themselves at risk everyday to save lives. COVID-19 has brought the world together with a singular sense of purpose.
I invite you to explore the resources below to help navigate the current challenges we face. We will overcome this pandemic and be stronger for it.
Temple Health and Bioscience District
As we strive to stay up-to-date on the rapidly changing global situation, many resources are available for Texas residents and business owners. Explore and utilize these health care, financial and local news outlets.
- Health and Safety
- SBA Loans and Relief
- Local News
- Office of the Texas Governor
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Industry Resources
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6. Hours: 24/7
- If you experience difficulty when dialing 2-1-1, please email email@example.com.
- For local assistance, see the listing of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) Local Health Entities.
State of Texas: Coronavirus Resources for Business
Texas Economic Development, Office of the Governor
For best practice safety guidelines, visit
Texas Workforce Commission Employer Hotline: (800) 832-9394
Texas Workforce Commission https://www.twc.texas.gov/contact-information
Opportunities for Innovators
We have the tools to provide the medical equipment in need with 3D printers, laboratory facilities and modern technology. Join innovative thinkers in the mission to save lives and save our community.
The COVID-19 ATX Exchange (ATXCE) is an online portal for smart minds in technology, health and engineering to come up with creative solutions to the challenges we face ahead. The exchange is a project of Dell Medical School at The University of Texas in collaboration with Austin Public Health and other community partners. Behind the scenes, they are bringing together experts, innovators and leaders from across our community to help us vet, triage and coordinate needs and close the loop with the requesting organizations amidst COVID-19.
Now that you may find yourself with more time to explore and learn, it is the perfect time to engage with THBD’s E-Learning Series Webinars. Engage and learn with recent webinar topics for small businesses and startups on our website. Learn about IP protection, prototyping, navigating the marketplace and more!
Join our LinkedIn group that was created to help health and life science startups, entrepreneurs, and ecosystem supports find helpful and relevant information in the Central Texas area during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Created by Capital City Innovation, a non-profit facilitating the emergence of Austin’s Innovation District, the group formed through a partnership with organizations across Central Texas that want to see the communities we serve survive and create pathways to resilience.
Supporting organizations include STAR Park at Texas State, ACC Bioscience Incubator, Texas Health CoLab at Dell Medical School, MedtoMarket, Austin Technology Incubator, Drug Dynamic Institute, and Temple Health and Bioscience District.